Here are some notes from the Saturday morning session of the youth retreat:
"Is your conscience a good or bad conscience?"
A Bad Conscience
1. A Sleepy Conscience (Rom. 11:8)
2. A Seared Conscience (1 Tim. 4:1-2; Rom. 1:18-32)
3. An Erring Conscience
A. Excuses a person when they are guilty.
B. Approve of behavior which should be condemned.
C. A false sense of security.
4. A Doubting Conscience (Rom. 14:23)
5. An Overly Scrupulous Conscience (1 Cor. 8:8)
6. A Trembling Conscience - Continually condemned, never trust God's forgiveness.
"Never act unless you know what you are about to do is not sin." (Jay Adams)
A Good Conscience (The Saved Conscience)
1. An Informed Conscience (Acts 4:12; Rom. 10:14-15; John 14:6)
2. Appropriately Sensitive Conscience
3. Purposely Introspective
4. Purposefully Obedient (Hebrews 13:8)
5. A Peaceful Conscience (Rom. 5:1)
I will post Saturday evening and Sunday morning next week.
Grace upon grace,