Friday, January 15, 2010

5 Golden Years

Heather,

Five years ago today you married me. It's crazy to think it has been five years. Look how young Tim and I both look!! You are a wonderful wife. My love has become stronger for you over the last five years. You have shown me grace upon grace all these years. You have been forgiving and loving during times in our marriage when things were not easy. You are an example of the love of Christ. You have faithfully loved me! Thank you for being a woman who lives out what she believes. Thank you for looking at Christ and what he did on the cross and allowing it to transform you as a person by the work of the Holy Spirit to the glory of God alone. It really is amazing to view the way you live day in and day out. Now that you are a mother it just shows more. You tirelessly serve myself and Emma. I love the reality that you love being a wife and mother. It is truly a gift from our gracious Father. All this to just say thanks!

I hope and pray for many more years together. Lord willing in five years I can tell you my love has grown more. As we grow in our relationship with Christ I know his work in our lives will cause us to love each other more and more. I want nothing more than for you to continue to love Christ with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. As we both make this our striving our marriage will continue to grow and flourish. May our marriage be a light shining in a world of darkness. May the gospel be shown through our marriage. May people see Christ because of our marriage.

"Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation. " (Habakkuk 3:17-18)

Love you Heather.

Grace upon grace,
JRL

On a side note congratulations to Lee Dodd for winning the John Piper book Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

boo4baby said...

Happy Anniversary, J and Heather! Marriage just gets better and better! Thanks for your testimony to all of us!

Jennifer said...

Happy anniversary!