Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Woo Pig Sooie

Today is my brother-in-law's birthday so I wanted to take today to talk about this man who married my sister (Krista). Jason Spoon came into the picture many, many years ago. As I've watch him over the years with Krista and their four children I have observed a tender spirit. He is man I watch as he parents his kids. Jason is nothing like me because he has a tender spirit and is patient (those are not strong points of mine). My prayer for Jason is continued patience and compassion with both his wife and the kids as they grow older. I hope he continues to be the example of Christ in his home. I will recommend these verses to his kids:

"Listen, my sons, to a father's instruction;
pay attention and gain understanding." (Proverbs 4:1)

Another area that I truly respect in Jason's life is his self-sacrifice. Krista and the kids are, shall I say, really active in sports. Krista coaches volleyball and the kids do everything from softball, volleyball, swimming, football and baseball. They also love to entertain at the house a lot. He just loves to serve his family and others so much and I know that comes from a heart of self-sacrifice and a lot of grace.

All that being said I just wanted to wish him a Happy Birthday!

Grace upon grace,
Your Brother-in-law

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday, Jason S.!

And well said, Jason L. :)