Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Victory!

Heather and I have been teaching Emma different verses from the Bible and also different songs for her to keep in her head. It has been fun to see all the words she remembers as we teach her both verses and choruses to songs. The latest chorus she is learning is the chorus to Victory in Jesus. As a matter of fact as I type she is leaning on me listening to Bart Millard's version of the song. She loves the song and also know many of the words in the song. It is a joy for me to sing the song as well as I am reminded that the victory is already won in Christ. I know Emma does not comprehend the song but what truth to have feeding her mind as she learns these great truths.

"O victory in Jesus my Savior forever
He sought me and bought me with his redeeming blood
He loved ere I knew him and all my love is due him
He plunged me to victory beneath the cleansing flood." (Eugene Bartlett)

The song is clear that this victory is all the working of God in the lives of sinners. He sought me! He bought me! It was his redeeming blood! He loved me! He plunged me to victory through the blood of Christ! May we all celebrate this great truth and rejoice that victory is already won in Christ.

Grace upon grace,
JRL

No comments: