Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Not One Complaint

As I was reading Daniel 6 the other morning I was reminded of so many great events that took place to show off the sovereignty and power of God.  We are all familiar with Daniel being thrown into the lions den but we may forget why.  The king, Darius, had a plan to place Daniel over the whole kingdom (6:3).  Then we read:

Then the presidents and the satraps sought to find a ground for complaint against Daniel with regard to the kingdom, but they could find no ground for complaint or any fault, because he was faithful, and no error or fault was found in him.  Then these men said, "We shall not find any ground for complaint against this Daniel unless we find it in connection with the law of his God." (6:4-5)

I thought about this passage for a while and wondered if that would be the response of the people I work with day to day.  I hope they wouldn't be out to sabotage me but to think that they could find no fault with me would an amazing display of God's grace.  In Daniel 6 we read that these men had no dirt against Daniel because he was faithful.  Is my life like Daniel's?  Do I love God this way?  I must admit that is always true.  Actually I wonder how true it is at times.  This was a real eye opener to me as I read this passage.

My desire is to love the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and love my neighbor as myself.   Daniel pressed on in the grace of the Lord.  Daniel did not compromise even when these men tricked the king into making a law against God's will.  Daniel trusted the Lord through every circumstance. But in the end we see the faithfulness of God more than anything else.  God was faithful with Daniel and he will be faithful with all his children.  May we cling to him no matter what this life may throw at us.  We can trust him.

Grace upon grace,
JRL


No comments: