Monday, January 30, 2012

Find Life There

Last night Heather and I read this in the Valley of Vision:

May I be always amongst those who not only hear but know thee,
who walk with and rejoice in thee,
who take thee at thy word and find life there.

The last line really struck me as something I struggle with at times.  How many times do I question God rather than submitting to his Word?  It is often because I see the depravity of my heart.  What really happens when we neglect to be obedient to God's Word we find death.  Sounds crazy until we see that only in God do we find life.  Trusting in God requires knowing him and clinging to his promises.  It is in trusting his promises that life is found.  Too often we think they are holding us back when in all reality we are running from life.  May we be people who not only hear the word but know the Lord trusting that in him we find life.

Grace upon grace,
JRL

No comments: